WebM for Lazys
If you want to support this project.
A wrapper around ffmpeg and AviSynth made for converting videos to WebM without having to use the command line, fork of this project.
- Download it here.
Important to know:
- Requires .NET Framework 4.8
- Requires AviSynth (2.6.0, 32-bit)
- Already includes ffmpeg
- Only works on Windows
WebM is an open, royalty-free, media file format designed for the web. WebM defines the file container structure, video and audio formats. WebM files consist of video streams compressed with the VP8 or VP9 video codecs and audio streams compressed with the Vorbis or Opus audio codecs. The WebM file structure is based on the Matroska container.
For more information about WebM, see the FAQ.
Benefits of WebM
Openness and innovation. A key factor in the web’s success is that its core technologies such as HTML, HTTP, and TCP/IP are open for anyone to implement and improve. With video being core to the web experience, a high-quality, open video format choice is needed. WebM is 100% free, and open-sourced under a BSD-style license.
Optimized for the web. Serving video on the web is different from traditional broadcast and offline mediums. Existing video formats were designed to serve the needs of these mediums and do it very well. WebM is focused on addressing the unique needs of serving video on the web.
Low computational footprint to enable playback on any device, including low-power netbooks, handhelds, tablets, etc
Simple container format
Highest quality real-time video delivery
Click and encode. Minimal codec profiles and sub-options. When possible, let the encoder make the tough choices.
WebM for Lazys features
Get the last update with just one click.
What can i do?
You can get and edit your video easly with the next options.
Paste the url of the video you want and press enter, the download will start. You will get the best quality.
- Support for +1000 sites
- You can choose the default path for all your new videos
- Load the new video in the app with just one click
Disable option in general tab to select manually the format do you want.
Trim precisely the length, with a simple interface. You can do multiple trims if you need. Go to.. the exact frame or time you want to start the trim, also save the current frame to source path.
Crop what is just important for you, you can see in real time the new resolution also you can set the exact size that you want or set an aspect ratio like 16:9, 9:16 and more under Set dimensions. Just move the edges with the mouse or use the keyboard.
Row keysto move
Shift + Row keysto move faster
Alt + Row Keysto increase/decrease the size
Ctrl + Row Keysto resize keeping aspect ratio
- You can use mouse wheel over time line to change of frame
Follow an object on the canvas easly. Steps for a correct workflow:
Use trim to define the clip lenght (optional)
- Open Crop filter and define the crop size, use
New resolutionas guide. Even numbers are required. You can use
Set dimensionsfor exact values
- Select click
Dynamic Crop. When it is actived will be green which means that each movement will be registered
- Set stabilitation level on
Advanced>Processingto get a smooth effect
For this example the edition requires 30 seconds.
Right side was processed with dynamic crop.
Add specific speed to just a section of video:
Use trim to define the clip lenght
- Dynamic filter will be enable
- Add points in the frame you want with the desire rate (a final ¯\ _ /¯ shape is recomended)
- There is not limit for points
A specific section is slowdown.
Make grid videos to compare or shared different views. You can choose between horizontal or vertical. It requires that both videos share codecs, dimensions, length. Output file is in same path as video #1. Above you can find an example.
If your video looks dark, you can try with some pre-set filters. Now you can create your own filter using Advanced option, change gamma, contrast and saturation.
Add text, change font, size, position, also set when it start and end.
Rotate your video to any direction with just one click.
Loop function, forward and reverse making an infinite effect.
Use different levels of stabilization for your clip. Left side original, right side processed. Find it in Advanced>Processing.
Merge and Convert
Drag and drop two or more video files inside the application, select what do you want to do. Search for the result in source path.
- For merge: The group of videos must have the same encodes / dimensions.
- For convert: The current settings will be apply to all video files
There is More that you can do
- Export frames
- Add subtitle
- Overlay your logo
- Change the speed
- Disable audio
- Delay audio
- Get specific filesize in final result
- Get high quality video in webm and mp4 format
- Interpolate, more frames to your video
Alt + t
Alt + Shift + t
Alt + c
- Change Rate:
Alt + Shift + c
If you have any issues with this program, you may report them on here. Add the respective video to test and configuration used.
- Fix desync audio and subtitles with latest codecs. See related issue
- Upgrade to 64-bit architecture, allowing to use more system memory and avoid crashing. See related issue
- Loading frames from 4k video is faster
- Add feature to make set target frame rate more efficient when desire output is minor like 30 fps from 60 fps source. See related request
- Fix log management for two pass encoding
- Fix wrong crop resolution in some cases
- Allow to create Dynamic filter without trim
- Loop arguments refactor, allowing to do multiple complex filters at once
- Convert console is more clean now
- Fix extension change
- Improve memory managment when a new video is imported
- Improve arguments to use levels, dynamic and interpolation at once
- Fix incorrect initial Resize value after do a Crop. See related issue
- Fix incorrect initial Rate value
- Remove user details calls to gfycat since service will be shutdown
- Add support to external webvtt subtitles
- Add option to normalize audio. See related request
- Add option to edit Dynamic filter
- Show points created in Dynamic filter
- Add support to internal webvtt subtitles. See related request
To see more changelog.
This software is released under the MIT license.